rules and regulations
2015 Fall Life Time Training 90-Day Challenge (the “Challenge”) Official Rules
- Entry and Eligibility to Win. The Challenge runs from August 8, 2015, to November 7, 2015. To enter the Challenge, you must complete a registration form either online at lifetime90day.com or at a participating Life Time (the “Club”) between July 1, 2015, and August 31, 2015, and pay the Challenge programming fee which covers the cost of services provided to you and administration of the Challenge. You must designate whether you are entering the Weight Loss or Transformation category of the Challenge and designate a Club where you will complete at least two weigh-ins or body composition tests as designated herein. The Challenge is open to Life Time members in the United States and Canada who have obtained the age of 18 by August 31, 2015. If you have won either the Weight Loss or Transformation National Prize previously, you are no longer eligible to win in that same category. Employees of Life Time or its subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible to register or win and should register for the Team Member Challenge. The Challenge is void where prohibited by law. If you become pregnant during the Challenge, you may receive entry into the next Challenge. Women who are pregnant are not eligible for Prizes; any body change due to having a baby(/-ies) will not be eligible.
- Weigh-in and Body Composition Requirements. You must complete either two (2) weigh-ins or body composition tests (“test(s)”), depending on your entered category, at your designated Club in the manner prescribed herein to be eligible for winning either Challenge. You must complete at least one initial test and complete a final test to show your change. You may reserve a time for an initial test on Weigh-In Weekend which will take place at the Club where you registered on August 8, 9 or 10, 2015; however, you may record an initial test at any time up to 5 pm local time on August 31, 2015. You may reserve a time for tests online at lifetime90day.com or in Club at the Fitness Services Desk. You may reserve a time for your final test during Weigh-Out Weekend at the Club where you are registered for the Challenge on November 5, 6 or 7, 2015; however, you may record final tests at the Club where you registered anytime between November 1, 2015, and 5 pm local time on November 7, 2015.
- Photo and Essay Submission: To be considered for prizes, you must submit six (6) photos and a personal essay (as described below) to lifetimefitness.com/mystory between November 1 and 9 pm CST Nov 9, 2015. To enter and receive full points for your photographs, you must submit three (3) recent “before” photographs and three (3) “after” photographs using the following instructions: front body and head view, back body view and side profile view. The “before” photos and the “after” photos should be similar poses. Do not take pictures in locker rooms. Though not required, for best results the photographs should be ¾ body or full body to show full weight loss and body transformation. The front view should clearly show the Challenge colored wrist band to ensure the photographs are recent. You should be in a bathing suit or similar clothing to receive full maximum points for the photograph section. Life Time reserves the right to request resubmission of one or more of the “before” or “after” photographs or request additional images. Any entries submitted by someone other than you or professionally produced or enhanced will be rejected.The essay is limited to 5000 characters and should describe the various fitness and nutritional changes specific to these 90 days. If essay exceeds 5000 characters, only the first 5000 characters will be read. The six (6) photographs along with your personal essay must be submitted between November 1 and 9 pm CST Nov 9, 2015.
- Weight Loss Category Judging and Winners. Entries can be sent between November 1, 2015, and 9 pm CST November 9, 2015, at lifetimefitness.com/mystory. Entries in the Weight Loss category will be judged by a panel of Life Time judges based on: overall weight loss as shown in before and after photos (20%); essay describing your weight loss, fitness and nutritional changes specific to these 90 days (20%); and your weight loss based on the following formula ((initial weight – final weight)/initial weight) = percentage of weight loss)(60%). The top 5 male and top 5 female finalists will be notified by email or telephone in accordance with the information provided on the registration form on or about November 16, 2015. Each finalist will have their essay, photos and weight loss results posted on the 90-Day Challenge website where users will be able to vote for the Male and Female National Weight Loss Champions on November 18 at noon CST through November 20, 2015, at 9 pm CST. The male and female with the most votes will be the National Weight Loss Champions. The other finalists will be runners-up. The male and female National Weight Loss Champions and runners-up will be announced on or about November 24, 2015. In the event of a tie, the individual with the most card swipes at a Life Time center between August 8, 2015, and November 7, 2015 will be the winner. In the event of a second tie, Life Time will determine the appropriate tie-breaking mechanism. All entries become property of Life Time and will not be returned.
- Transformation Category Judging and Winners. Entries can be sent in between November 1, 2015, and 9 pm CST November 9, 2015, at lifetimefitness.com/mystory. Entries in the Transformation category will be judged by a panel of Life Time judges based on: overall transformation as shown in before and after photos (30%); essay describing your transformation, fitness and nutritional changes specific to these 90 days (40%); and the actual changes in body composition as determined by your composition tests (30%). The top 5 male and top 5 female finalists will be notified by email or telephone in accordance with the information provided on the registration form on or about November 16, 2015. Each finalist will have their essay, photos and transformation results posted on the 90-Day Challenge website where users will be able to vote for the Male and Female National Transformation Champions on November 18 at noon CST through November 20, 2015, at 9 pm CST. The male and female with the most votes will be the National Transformation Champions. The other finalists will be runners-up. The male and female National Transformation Champions and runners-up will be announced on or about November 24, 2015. In the event of a tie, the individual with the most card swipes at a Life Time center between August 8, 2015, and November 7, 2015, will be the winner. In the event of a second tie, Life Time will determine the appropriate tie-breaking mechanism. All entries become property of Life Time and will not be returned.
- Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (ARV). The male and female National Weight Loss Champions and the male and female National Transformation Champions will each receive $10,000 USD cash (ARV $10,000). The sixteen (16) runners-up will each receive $1,000 USD cash (ARV $1,000). Prizes are non transferable. Taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Life Time reserves the right to substitute prize with similar prize of equal or greater value due to prize availability. Prize winner(s) will also be required to execute an Affidavit and Publicity Release and a W-9 (if applicable) within fourteen (14) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded in the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the entry form, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Challenge or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Challenge and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Life Time’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received.
- Winner Affidavit and Release. Winners will be required to provide before and after photographs to Life Time to be used for promotional and marketing purposes. Before receiving the prize and as a condition of receiving the prize, winners may be required to provide valid photo identification featuring his or her name and address as it appeared on the entry supplied, provide proof of proper age and residency, and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and release supplied by Life Time which, among other disclaimers: (a) releases Life Time Fitness, Inc., and its range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons (“Life Time” or “Life Time Fitness”) from any and all liability related to the Challenge and the receipt and use of the prize, and (b) grants Life Time the right to publish the winner’s name, city/state, photograph(s), voice, testimonial, approved biographical information, or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the winner to the extent permitted by law.
- Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability and Indemnification. You acknowledge that there are risks associated with your participation in the Challenge and you agree that the terms of your General Terms Agreement and Member Usage Agreement apply to your participation, including but not limited to the Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability and Indemnification provisions. By entering the Challenge, each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, discharge and hold harmless Life Time and its affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, together with the present and future officers, agents, employees and representatives of each of them, from any and all responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death, in connection with the prize(s) and/or any person’s participation in the Challenge.
- No Guaranty of Weight Loss or Body Transformation. Individual weight loss results vary and participation in the Challenge does not guarantee weight loss. Factors such as diet and genetic makeup, overall health or physiological differences may influence weight loss. Please consult with your physician before beginning any new nutrition or exercise program.
- Non-participating Club. All LifePower locations, the Apple Valley Club, the Oakdale Village Tennis Club and certain other Clubs are not participating in the Challenge. See your Club for details.
- General. No entrant shall use any artificial or inappropriate means of weight loss or alteration in body composition in order to win the Challenge including but not limited to liposuction, weight loss surgery or other similar procedures. All interpretations of these Official Rules shall be made by Life Time, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding. Life Time reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Challenge or any part of this Challenge for any reason. Life Time reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it reasonably suspects or believes to be tampering with the entry process, any part of the Challenge itself, or the award mechanism by any means or suspected to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other term or condition of the Challenge set by Life Time. If Life Time determines, in its sole discretion, that unforeseen events have compromised the integrity or viability of the Challenge, Life Time reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Challenge, including the entire Challenge, and/or modify the Challenge. Life Time Fitness shall not be responsible for lost, incomplete or late entries, weigh-ins/body composition tests or for any entries or weigh-ins/composition tests/essays/photos that are not received by Life Time by the applicable deadline for any reason whatsoever.
- Sponsor and Winner List. The sponsor is Life Time Fitness, 2902 Corporate Place, Chanhassen, MN 55317. To receive a notification of the Challenge winner, please submit your request in writing by December 31, 2015, to Life Time Fitness, 2902 Corporate Place, Chanhassen, MN 55317, Attn: Winner List 90-Day Challenge.